Spray Polyurethane Foam vs. Tri Thermal Roofing
SPF continues to become popular because it can save a building owner money on energy bills by reducing the need for heating and air conditioning. It also has a very low lifetime cost for owners.
However, tri-thermal roofing is catching up because it also offers great insulation, high thermal performance, and requires low maintenance.
Let’s compare the two types of roofs.
What is Spray Polyurethane Foam?
Spray polyurethane foam insulation is an affordable option for most homeowners who are interested in protecting their homes from the elements. It offers a process that is quick and easy for homeowners to complete. With the installation of a sheet of foam, one can expect to see a significant reduction in energy usage and improvements in the overall sound quality of one’s home.
The Cost of Installing Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofs
The cost of installing spray polyurethane foam is low because the material is much more affordable than other insulation types. You won’t need to wait for a long time to use it, too, because it can settle and cure within 48-72 hours. Plus, your employees or guests won’t have issues with it because it has no noxious fumes that have made built-up roofing infamous through the years.
The Advantages of Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofs
- Wide Color Range: Building owners won’t have any aesthetic problems because SPF has a wide range of colors. If you want to reduce UV absorption, then brighter colors are the best choice.
- Dense Foam With Thermal Properties: You can keep internal temperatures stable thanks to the high density of SPF foam
- Can Be Used Over Existing Roofing Materials: No need to tear down old roofs because you can apply SPF on an existing roof.
What is Tri-Thermal Roofing?
A tri-thermal roof is a roofing material that combines three types of insulation to create a single roof. It uses three materials that have varying densities to slow down air and sound molecules. Tri-thermal roofing uses a special binding material that creates a powerful and dense barrier.
The Cost of Installing Tri-Thermal Roofing
The installation cost of tri-thermal roofing is higher than spray polyurethane foam because of the materials and labor needed. For example, the average cost for a tri-thermal roofing installation for a full building roof is $5,000 to $6,000 per square foot, while a spray polyurethane foam installation is $2,000 to $3,000 per square foot.
Tri-Thermal Roofing Advantages
- Provides Thermal Protection: This system has three layers to help with heat retention and ventilation. The three layers are the metal roof, the insulation, and the air space.
- Unique Design Blends: Each material is incorporated in a different way to create a design that offers still allows it to introduce increased insulation and reduced heating costs.
- Low Maintenance Requirements: The materials used in the roofing process are made from quality materials that do not need much maintenance.
Get the best roofers to install your SPF roof today. We at Ener-Spray guarantee that you’ll get the best-insulated roof possible with our high-quality equipment and top-notch team of professionals. Contact us today to learn more about everything that we can do for you.