Everything You Need to Know About SPF Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
SPF is excellent roofing, cladding, and insulation material because it delivers exceptional value for long-lasting, high-density protection. However, only specialist applicators who have undergone extensive SPF applicator training can apply them on your roof.
SPF applicator training includes proper installation techniques. In addition, the courses train applicators in procuring and securing their personal protective equipment (PPE).
PPEs have several components that all SPF application teams must possess. Plus, special PPEs are essential in various high and low-pressure applications. You can learn all about them in this short post.
Importance of PPE in SPF Applications
Personal protective equipment (PPEs) is crucial in many high-risk activities. SPF applicators are at high risk of SPF inhalation. Thus, they need the best safety equipment to deal with any scenario effectively.
SPF’s dense liquid foam is visible to the naked eye. However, some wet particles can travel airborne and get inside the eyes, ears, mouth, and skin of applicators. As a result, PPEs are essential in every project for each employee’s safety and project execution efficiency.
PPE Components Every High-Quality Applicator Possesses
Here are the main parts that make up an SPF applicator’s PPE.
- Gloves: All SPF applicator gloves must be protective and prevent SPF’s permeation and contact with the skin. Chemically-resistant nitryl, neoprene, butyl, or PVC gloves are crucial equipment in every SPF application.
- Eye and Ear Protection: Safety goggles ensure that nothing will penetrate and enter the eyes. Face shields on top of safety goggles are excellent additional protection for staff members.
- Respiratory Protection: Small oxygen tanks with compressors continuously pump the suit with breathable oxygen. These are standard requirements for any company applying SPF.
- Protective Clothing: Disposable coveralls and splash boots are essential in any SPF application project because they protect the applicators’ bodies. Plus, they’re easily disposable along with waste SPF materials.
SPF PPE According to Application
Here are different varieties of SPF PPE according to application objectives.
- High-Pressure Interior SPF Application: These PPE sets work well for interior SPF applications. These may include specialized safety goggles or gloves suitable for open-cell SPF applications.
- High-Pressure Exterior SPF Application: These high-pressure PPEs work well in prevent closed-cell SPF from entering the workers’ bodies.
- Low-Pressure Kits: Small-level SPF projects still require lightweight PPEs that anyone can purchase from high-quality suppliers. Any homeowner planning to DIY their SPF projects can use these kits.
Diseases and Ailments That SPF Can Cause
Spray polyurethane foam is a capable material that can protect your homes against hail, snow, and rainstorms. However, you can quickly inhale it.
Wet SPF is relatively harmless because it cannot infect or poison you. However, it can expand more than 300% of its wet size upon curing. Breathing blockage is one of the biggest ailments it can cause anyone without a PPE.
If you have yet to find a highly reliable SPF applicator, you can always count on us at Ener-Spray. We are highly confident that we can deliver the results you need with our decades of experience and knowledge. Contact us today to learn more about everything that we can do for you.